Tag Archives: Diet
You are just going to have to scroll to the bottom to find out!
I had a headache last night so I took my time getting up and missed the D.C blogger meet up. I was super bummed.
I cheered myself up with Strawberry Chobani!
Today I was not in the mood to workout. I just wanted to curl up and get back into bed. But I decided to just go for 30 mins. And if I hated it I would come back.
I kept with Elliptical Challenge 2010 and cranked out a fast 15 mins!
Today Ms. Matchy-matchy was no where to be found. Maybe she was off shopping for another outfit?
So I was left with Mr. Under Armour.
And we had at it.
Pedaling away on the seated bike. I won. Of course!
I finished my 30 mins and booked it home for some un pictured pita chips and hummus. Basically the best thing on Earth.
My mom and I hit up the mall. She had some gifts to buy so I tagged along. I am not big on shopping these days. I don’t want to try fitting into some new clothes- I have plenty at home to do so.
I did have some important business to take care of. I am a member of the Godiva Rewards Club and I wanted to go in and get my FREE chocolate of the month. Boy was I excited!
I of course wanted everything!
But I settled for the Milk Chocolate Truffle
Shopping has to be a workout! Between dodging all the pushy kiosk sellers and sprinting past all the slow people that stop to look at e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I was pooped when I made it home.
I came home and made a TJ special
I am a happy girl 🙂
For the rest of the night I will have some tea and grapes w/ Chobani if I feel snacky.
And now to the moment you have all been waiting for!
The winner is: lowandbhold
“Oh I loooove Chobani! Yay for your first giveaway!
Safety and good to me is family.”
-Please e-mail me at supersana786 [at] gmail [dot] com with your full name and mailing address!
Thank you all for entering my giveaway it was nice to read all of your symbols of good and safety
* Don’t forget to enter my Chobani Giveaway*
I hope everyone is having a lovely first day of the year- I know am!
Last night I went out to dinner with my family to my favorite Afghan Kabob place.
Usually I can kill two beef kabob’s but this time I opted to bring some TJ’s Risotto that I had made earlier.
The risotto was front and center, I only ate 3 pieces of chicken along with some of the salad and rice. I always get my food in a take out container, that way if I don’t want to eat everything I can box it up and take it home. And that is exactly what I did.
To round up my New Year’s Eve I toasted with some delish and much needed hot chocolate as my family and I huddled by the heater- waiting for a certain ball to drop.
I started 2010 off with a BANG!
Or as you all might see it as the most boring breakfast ever….
Judge me all you want. It was super yum!
Truthfully I am not awake enough to come up with some bright, fruity and creative combination. I just try to get something in.
I hit up the gym for the first workout 2010! I felt fabulouss! Lady Gaga also joined in a few times….
Other than working up a sweat there are a few reasons why I loveee going to the gym.
1) Fluffy white towels and cups of ice water!
I am obsessed with ice. I love it. But the towels are key- I love being able to wipe my face- because I sweat buckets. I also take some home by accident… Although today I saw someone sneeze into their towel. Then I started to wonder if someone had sneezed into the towel I was rubbing my face with. I wish I had not see that.
2) Getting to read my gym-only-book.
3) Ms. Matchy-Matchy in her pink Nike gear. You know who I am talking about. The one person at the gym who makes all of us look like lazy bums in our sloppy workout gear.
(No pic, it would be far too creepy)
Basically when I get to the gym I scope out the field for the best dressed person. And then I beat them. Motivation. Gotta get it from somewhere.
I was starving so I raced home for some whole wheat pita with spinach and squash.
Dinner was brown basmati rice and bbq glazed Tilapia. My mom outdid herself tonight!
I am off to go drink some green tea and have hot chocolate for dessert!
What motivates you at the gym?
* Don’t forget to enter my Chobani Giveaway*
I have had an AMAZING 2009. But I am ready for 2010!
Let’s talk numbers.
Arms: 12.5 inches
Bust ( w/ double bra): 37 inches
Abs ( around belly button): 37 inches
Butt: 40.5 inches
Biggest part of Thigh: 23 inches
Height: 5 feet 2 3/4 inches
Weight as of Dec 31st 2009: 156.5
BMI: 27.2 ( I put myself in as 5′ 3”)
Overweight = 25-29.9
140.5 puts me at a normal weight. Which is a loss of 16 lbs.
I know BMI is not the most accurate thing in the world- but it is a pretty decent indicator of where things need to be.
- I have not worked out for 10 months due to a lower spine fracture.
- I have not been on an diet- I basically eat whatever I am in the mood for. Indian, American, junk. All.
Yes, I made these pictures as tiny as possible. Because who really wants to post unflattering pictures of themselves on the internet? But I don’t think my pictures are that bad.
I love the way I look!
( Sorry Mom& Dad! I don’t dress like this in public)
-This is necessary if you come from a conservative Muslim family 🙂
So what now?
- I would like to be at a normal weight range for my body that I can maintain ( 140.5).
- I don’t want to feel like I need to unbutton my pants at the end of each meal.
- I want to remind myself that I don’t need to eat a lot to be full.
- I don’t need to eat candy/ m&m’s when I am upset or stressed out with school.
- I want to exercise for at least 60 mins a day at minimum.
- I don’t want to feel like an unfit group fitness instructor.
- I want to keep track of all my meals and workouts daily on my blog to make sure I am keeping up with my plan.
- I want to feel and be fit and toned.
- I want to stay injury free and healthy!
Lastly- I want to be a runner!
Oct 16th 2010 here I come!
I don’t have a particular goal I would be happy doing the 5k or 1/2 marathon but 9 months is a long time from now so I have no idea where I will be at that point.
I don’t even know if I will be able to run post-injury. They did mention something about walkers. I will do that.
I have joined Elliptical Challenge 2010 on the lovely Kelly’s blog!
I am off to get ready for a lovely New Year’s eve with the family.
Lots of love and happiness to everyone in 2010!
Maybe, it comes from being a tennis player and having to depend on myself to get pumped up. But I love having the ability to be my own mental support. Healthy living is not only about putting the best food into our bodies, it encompasses our mind, body and soul. What good is eating healthy food if you feel awful?
There is a lot of negativity in our day to day lives and many of us- including myself use food to soften the blow. Food is a source of comfort and enjoyment. The taste, the smell, the flavor. Its an all around enjoyment. It is important to be mentally strong when starting off on a new food journey when you don’t see results right away.
I am a results oriented person, if things are going well for me in class, I feel happy and confident with my performance. With my friends I respond well to affection and interest in my life, I give back to what I get, and continue on a healthy relationship. The problems occur when there is a shift in the pattern. When I get low scores on exams or negative feed back from an instructor I am at a loss as to what I should change. Am I not smart enough? Do I have poor study habits? All of these thoughts are overwhelming and I tend to go back to the root of what worked for me in the past. I stick to what I know. Even with friends- when I don’t feel the response that I get back is in a positive or encouraging tone I do revert back to myself and see what kind of a friend I am being. If I am understanding, supportive or playing the right role of a friend?
I would like to keep the same relationship with food as I do with all the other things in life. With positive energy there are positive feelings which breed powerful and strong human beings.
Lunchy eats :
SLAP CHOP! I used this to chop up the cucumbers and onion for the yogurt dip.
- Basmati rice with white beef
- okra with tomato
- yogurt dip
Diet green tea 🙂
QUESTION: How do you make sure you are staying mentally strong and positive?
You REALLY don’t want to know how many times I tell myself this.
But it is true. Not everyday is going to be a PREFECT eating day because life happens.
There are birthday parties, dinners out with friends, free samples, cravings and so much more.
Food is a HUGE part of my life and I am sure it is the same for you
For me dieting NEVER works I feel like I am never going to be able to enjoy food and shutoff from everyone else enjoying what they please. I am sure there are others like me who equate dieting with restriction. Whereas dieting should be looked as AWARENESS.
Be aware of what you put in your body. Most of us spend hours fussing over, clothes, hair and makeup- yet we don’t think for a sec before poping something into our mouths.
Being hungry can do that to ya.
I have come up with 3 tips that help me stay AWARE of what I am putting into my body:
- Planning: If you know you are going to have a long day at work, or traveling bring snacks with you. Otherwise you are left at the mercy of fast food and vending machines. And lets be honest they are not looking out for your best interests. I know when I am tired, and hungry the LAST thing on my mind is to look for a healthy option. I want food and I want it NOW.
- Laggtime: I don’t know about the rest of you but my stomach and brain are a tad bit slow on the connection department. I don’t realize I am full until 5 minutes AFTER I have gotten seconds. To deal with this, I stay sitting before going to get my next serving, I talk to my family or drink some water and then before I know it. I am full.
- Indulging cravings: Whenever our parents told us NOT to do something- it only made us want to do it even more. You may be craving a small bit of candy but you tell yourself NO because you are on a DIET and DIET and CANDY just don’t go well together. Well the thought of candy will stay on your mind and you will want it more and more. It might get so bad that you do eat an entire bag. So the next time you want something that is not diet food allow yourself to indulge. Be aware that you are having a treat that way you don’t go overboard by restricting yourself. A treat may include a cookie or a handful of jelly beans or some chocolate chips. Everything in moderation 🙂
Question: How do you keep yourself AWARE of what you are putting in your body?
I have come to realize that my biggest problem with eating is that I never plan my day out. When I am at school or out shopping I have to eat whatever I can find and USAULLY. Its not a good option. Lets take today for instance. I woke up at 8:12 for my 9:00 am class this only gave me time for a shower and time to grab applesauce while running out the door. Here is the thing about me I have NEVER been a breakfast eater. For most of my like between the ages of 5-20 food before 12 made me want to throw up. I don’t know why, its just the way I am. So once at school, I realized that the ac was on too high and I was FREEZING. So I went down to the coffee shop Au Bon Pain and picked myself up a Caramel Macchiato. I USUALLY go for the organic green tea but I wanted something extra and an M&M cookie 😦 It was only 99 cents. After class I rushed home and out to prayer, and my sister dragged me to the mall. It was 2 pm all I had not had any REAL FOOD. So I went to Chipotle. I only eat Halal meat so a veggie bowl was the best option. They give you SOOOO much food it is best to share with another person. I only ate about 1/2. And I am sure I burned most of it off power walking the ENTIRE mall. With my back injury I am unable to shop till I drop so three hours in I had to call it a day. For the rest of the day, I plan on eating an Indian pizza and going to the gym 🙂
I don’t have a working camera so I will add pics when I get one.
First day of COLLEGE August 2007! It feels like a LIFETIME ago!